Thursday, August 29, 2013

Anyeong-hee-gayseyo Korea! Friday August 30th, 2013

Exactly one year ago today, I was packing for Korea and panicking about how little I was allowed to bring on the plane. I remember feeling so nervous and excited as Ian and I sat with our moms for coffee before our flight from Toronto to Incheon. Now fast forward twelve months and I am in the same boat again - packing and panicking, while feeling nervous and excited for the next step. To sum it up, it's 'same, same, but different'. 

This won't get all sappy I promise, I just want to say that this past year has been incredible, and one I will never forget. Although we complained about missing western food, and at times were frustrated with the cultural differences, overall we both had positive experiences. I feel so lucky we made such amazing friends, got to travel around most of Korea, and had the chance to explore Japan, Thailand, and Vietnam. It is hard saying bye to Korea, and everyone we've met here, but I know we are both ready to move on. We are flying back to Canada tonight and starting our Master's programs next week. 

I wanted to write one final post to end this blog and to say thank you to everyone who has been reading it. I really appreciate all the feedback I have been getting.

Iz, Em and I at our last dinner together. They are so sweet and surprised me with early bday presents!! Aug 28th is definitely the earliest I have ever celebrated my Sept 18th birthday, and I loved it! Thanks again girls :)



Our friends even made Ian and I a delicious birthday cake. We celebrated outside in Bupyeong. It was an awesome last night with everyone!
Last group shot together! August 28th, 2013
Ian and I in our home away from home - Bupyeong!

This was our last dinner in Korea! It took us two seconds to decide on dak galbi - our favourite Korean dish. After dinner, we headed home to pack up the rest of our shoebox apartment. This was one night when we were really thankful our apartment was so small.
Today, I taught my last class in Korea, and it was kindergarten! After our lesson, the students had prepared a song with actions for me, and then presented me with this sweet flower book filled with drawings and little notes for me. All week, I have been getting little letters and presents from students which has been really nice. It was sad saying bye to these kiddos! 
Last picture with my k class. When the camera comes out they all strike a pose.

So it's time to say bye Korea and hello again Canada! The plan for this weekend is ICN - LAX - Toronto - and then finally Montreal. It is going to be a crazy weekend! 

Thanks again everyone,
Nadia ^_^

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you and Ian have had wonderful experiences this past year. Your blog was a joy to read and kept us in the loop. A lovely last blog. Can't wait to see and hug you.

    ReplyDelete